Location: Paleometocho village, adjacent to Panayia Chrisogalaktousa church. Nicosia district
Dimensions: 127 cm x 48 cm x 36 cm
Category: EOKA 1955-59
Photography: Evangelia Matthopoulou
The first initiative for the memorial was taken in 1961 by Paleometocho community. The work was commissioned to a sculptor from Greece, but no further information is available. The unveiling took place on June 7th 1970. In January 1996 the whole memorial was rearranged.
On the surrounding wall are carved sayings of the two fighters: “For freedom we all raised our chest, mother” («Για την ελευθερία όλοι ανοίξαμε τα στήθη, μητέρα») and “We expect our execution as if it would be the sacred moment of freedom” («Περιμένουμε την ημέρα της εκτελέσεως σαν άγια ώρα της ελευθερίας!»).
~ Χαραυγή (Haravgi), August 12, 1961, p. 4.