Location: Grigoris Afxentiou Avenue, corner to Nikodimou Mylona St., Larnaka. Larnaka district.
Dimensions: 2.80 meters
Category: Ancient Greek and Byzantine legacy, Public sculpture before 1960
Photography: Evangelia Matthopoulou
Zinon (334-262 B.C.) was a Greek philosopher born in Kition village outside Larnaka city. The bust was donated to Larnaka city by Zinonas D. Pieridis family and the unveiling took place on May 24th 1921.
The bust was initially placed across from the American Academy. Due to the renovation of the area at the end of the 20th century, it was placed on a new pedestal and relocated close to the Municipality Garden.
~Νέος Κυπριακός Φύλαξ (Neos Cypriakos Fylax), December 12, 1934, p. 1.