Artist: George Kyriacou
Location: On Linou-Flasou road. Nicosia district.
Dimensions: 163 cm x 57 cm x 53 cm
Category: EOKA 1955-59
Photography: Evangelia Matthopoulou
The initiative for both busts was taken in 1974 by “Amyna” athletic union. However and according to a press clip, the bust of A. Zakos was unveiled on August 16th 1959. Given that both current busts are of very similar style and dimensions, it is probable that the old bust of Zakos was replaced or rearranged within the shared commemorative place created for the two fighters.
~ Χαραυγή (Haravgi), August 18, 1959, p. 2.