Artist: Petros Moraitis
Location: Chlorakas Panagia Chryseleousis church yard. Pafos district.
Dimensions: 166 cm x 45 cm x 34 cm
Category: War Volunteers
Photography: Evangelia Matthopoulou
Petros Moraitis was a Major in the Greek army during the Greek civil war of 1946-1949. The bust was commissioned by Makarios III and supported financially mainly by the Greek Embassy and private fundraising. The unveiling took place on April 7th 1963.
~ Μάχη (Mahi), July 20, 1961, p. 2.
~ Μάχη (Mahi), February 15, 1963, p. 6.
~ Μάχη (Mahi), November 21, 1963, p. 1.