Artist: Andreas Thymopoulos
Location: Pankyprio high school, Nicosia. Nicosia district
Dimensions: > 2 meters
Category: Public Figures, Union (énosis), Public sculpture before 1960
Photography: Evangelia Matthopoulou
Ioannis Vergopoulos had been the main benefactor of the “Pankyprio Gymnasium” which was founded by Archbishop Kyprianos in 1812. It is the oldest high school in Cyprus and the initial name was “Greek School” until 1896. The initiative for his bust was taken in 1932 by the Pankyprio (Pan Cypriot) high school and the Greek Institutions of Nicosia Board. The unveiling took place on January 31st 1934
~ Έθνος (Ethnos), November 26, 1932, p. 4.
~ Πρωινή (Proini), November 11, 1932, p. 4.
~ Πρωινή (Proini), November 16, 1932, p. 3.
~ Πρωινή (Proini), January 8, 1933, p. 1.