Artist: Nikos Dymiotis
Location: Pankyprio high school, Nicosia. Nicosia district
Dimensions: 2.5 meters
Category: War Volunteers
Photography: Evangelia Matthopoulou
Rodion and Miltiadis Georgiadis were volunteers during the Second World War. The initiative for the memorial was taken in 1973 by the Hellenic Intellectual Association of Cyprus (ΕΠΟΚ/EPOK) which also coordinated the fundraising. The unveiling took place on March 24th 1974.
“Pankyprio Gymnasium” (Pan Cypriot) was founded by Archbishop Kyprianos in 1812 and is the oldest high school in Cyprus. Its initial name (until 1896) was “Greek School”.
~ Χαραυγή (Haravgi), June 19, 1969, p. 4.